What are dental implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root placed into the jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place, or to provide support for a denture. It is made of titanium which is a completely biocompatible metal.
Frequently Asked Questions- Implants
- What are dental implants?
- I am missing one tooth. Is it better to have it replaced with a dental implant or with a bridge?
- I am a smoker and I won't quit. Will my implants still be successfull?
- Will my body accept dental implants? One friend of mine lost his.
- Do dental implants come with a guarantee?
- Is there such a thing as cheap and expensive dental implant? What is the difference?
- Who can offer me treatment with dental implants?
- Does the implant surgery take place in a hospital? Do I need to get general anesthesia?
- After the implant surgery can I go back to work? Will I be able to eat normally?
- I don't like my teeth. I would like to have them extracted and have implants so as my smile will improve. Will dental implants offer me a beautiful smile?